Lipid science – Supporting research
Larodan supports a number of scientific associations and societies, either as a sponsor or exhibitor at scientific conferences and annual meetings, or as an active member.
Some examples of organizations and meetings that we support are:
- General lipid research: the International Society for the Study of Fatty acids and Lipids (ISSFAL), Euro Fed Lipid, and the International Conference on the Bioscience of Lipids (ICBL)
- Food oil chemistry: the American Oil Chemists’ Society (AOCS) and EuroFed Lipids
- Bioscience and pharmacology in the US: the Biophysical Society (BPS), American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB), the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS)
- Analytical chemistry: American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS)
- Lipidomics: International Lipidomics Society (ISL) and International Singapore Lipid Symposium (ISLS)
- Several Swedish and Nordic organizations: the Swedish Chemical Society, Nordic LipidForum, Nordic Metabolomics Conference
Also, Larodan regularly participates as a member of scientific research projects. We focus on being a supportive project member, preferring to take the role of being responsible for the supply of lipid materials.